Thursday, April 28, 2011

Deathly Hallows Part 2 Trailer and Potter Talk


Surprisingly, this is my first post about anything Harry Potter related. Why is this surprising, you ask? Well let’s just say I’ve had a bit of an obsession since I first picked up a copy of Sorcerer’s Stone when I was 8.  I’ve been a proud Gryffindor since then and have had the amazing opportunity of join my campus’s chapter of the Harry Potter Alliance, which we have called Dumbledore’s Army of New Paltz!

I consider myself part of the Potter generation. I grew up with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. In fact, the characters were only a few years older than me when most of the books were released. Harry Potter is something that I have had for most of my life, and the fact that the last movie is coming out is both thrilling and thoroughly depressing. 

Yesterday (4/27), the official theatrical trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 was released. If you haven’t seen it yet, check it out here before you read the rest of all this.


My first impression? “Awesome!” “Holy crap” and “This is amazing” ending with me covered in goosebumps from the amount of emotion and anticipation that this two minute trailer caused me. 

As the trailer opens up, we are presented with the hauntingly familiar notes of the song that we all know means “Harry Potter.” Lord Voldemort begins to speak, reminding Harry (and us) of what has happened and what is at stake. The gravity of the situation has never been more apparent. The rest of the trailer is an epic display of action clips featuring spectacular special effects and fantastic cinematography. I have watched it several times now, and each time I still feel a new wave of mixed emotions washing over me as my favorite heroes and villains fight for their lives and for so much more.

In a way, I can’t wait for July 15th when the film is finally released. But I also wish that that day will never come. Being a fan of Harry Potter has been a very important element of my life for over a decade. It will be very interesting to see what happens next…


           

2 comments:

  1. I really love your blog. I don't look at many blogs that actually keep my interest enough to continue reading them, but I really love yours. I have it book marked now! You write about all the things I love. I too am a GIANT Harry Potter/Doctor Who fan along with being a theatre geek. :) Thanks for writing an awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! This comment really made my day :D

    ReplyDelete